This afternoon, I had a few results, but didn't get to practice long, because Melissa came and knocked on my door and distracted me. However, this evening, I've had some really good stuff happen! Why do I always get the best results late at night? I won't cover this afternoon, it was more or less the same as I have been doing, but I only had 5-10 minutes before interruptions.
I've just managed to do it very strongly, pushing the wheel most of the way to a full circuit before it stops. I'm not sure what it is, because I'm not even trying very hard tonight (maybe that's the thing...). I'm more or less just following it with my eyes. But letting my eyes take it that way, if that makes sense. Ok. No, it doesn't. Erm.
I've been doing it in only a few minute bursts. It seems to be a good way to work. I'll sit there and have a go, and if I can't get it to work after a minute or two, I'll go and do something else (read: check facebook). Then I go back and try it again. And when I get results, I do it until it stops, then float off and do something else. And then come back and try again. It seems to be working rather well actually. I'm getting more success than I have been any other night; I might adopt this as my work method. It also suits my activities, such as checking the internet, reading a chapter or other such things.
So yes. Valuable lesson learned. Short bursts with many breaks = good.
I also seem to have an attitude of just do it tonight. Which may be helping. It's some of that passive feeling again. That's what I mean by just following it with my eyes. I'm not even surprised by it moving in my current mood, so I think that's why it keeps working. Hrm. Something to remember.
Paul x
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment