Monday, 10 March 2008

A new beginning.

Hey everyone. I've started this blog as a way for me to record my experiments, progress and general feelings with regards to psionics.

I'll give you some background; I first stumbled across this stuff when I was in year 10/11 (so when I was about 14/15/16), and I was quite into it then. I did the exercises I found on Psipog with an open mind for a good few weeks, and I got some quite surprising results. As in, the things were working. I kept up with this on and off for quite a while, but I never really managed to find time to train myself properly. Some things I could do imperfectly, others I was having trouble with due to my lack of a willing partner (telepathy, to be precise). It's also hard to tell other people you are moving things with your mind or various other things without being afraid of them laughing in your face and thinking you are gullible. So I'm afraid to say it all sort of petered out. And I lost it. Stopped thinking about it. Didn't think about it for years.

And at the start of this year, I remembered about it. How I was progressing even with my lack of time to practice. And I decided to make a new years resolution; to try and do some again. To get good at it. And why not? I'd done some of it before, there's no reason I can't just pick it right back up. It's been a few years (3-5), but it's something I'd really like to be competent in. So I'm going to try.

The problem I'm faced with is keeping my motivation levels high. I have things to do at uni (though not as much as many people), and it's going to be difficult. Which is part of the reason for me setting this up. I want to record what I've learnt so it's there for me to look at when I am at a motivational low. Also, this should allow any of my friends who are interested to keep up with my progress without me blahing at them all the time. Yes Ellie darling, that's you. =)

So yes. I made a psiwheel a couple of days ago. Well, it was kind of improvised, as I own no needles and had to fold out a paperclip instead, sticking it on a piece of blu-tack stuck on top of a shot glass. But it appears to have done the trick.

I'm now at the point where I have on and off moments (been going again for a couple or three days). I can often get it to twitch, and any turning movement I get is usually fairly smooth, but it only rotates a very short distance before stopping, and will often turn right back the way it came. Which annoys me, I always used to have problems with direction and sustained force. But yes. I read on Psipog that it might be that I am skidding over the right state of mind, and releasing little burps of tk. But not holding it well enough. When I'm doing it, I'm usually staring at the centre of the wheel, and my mind is pretty relaxed. I don't seem to have to want it to happen particularly. It's like there is a grey-white feeling in my mind. It's like I don't really care. But I also have moments where I feel that way, but nothing happens. There are also no visualisations. I think that makes it harder. Nor do I particularly imagine pushing. It's more just moving it. Which is what Psipog talks about. But I don't seem to be able to sustain. I am not bothered so much about direction right now, it's the actual spinning I need. Of course, I'd like to be able to affect direction, but it's an issue not as worth worrying about. Once I can get a sustained force on my foil on, I'll either move onto paper, or fashion one that can fit under a glass. Feel like I need to exclude external air currents. I'll let you know when I do that.

Also, going to try and find a real needle. I think it might be affecting the friction levels.

Anyway, thanks for listening, I'll keep you updated as and when I can. Am trying to do regular practice sessions, but I like to stop if it's not working and take a break, then come back to it. I could write up after every practice session? We'll see how it goes, and whether I can be bothered. =)

Paul x

EDIT: I'm trying to get a list of links together that are useful for anyone who wants to learn this stuff. Let me know if there are any particularly good sites you know about that could be included. =)

EDIT 2: I forgot to say, I'm concentrating on telekinesis for now. Think it's best to get that one started and going well before I move onto anything else. Want to do telepathy next, though it'd probably be a good idea to revise the whole energy manipulation and shielding thing before I do that. Sigh. That was always the boring bit.

3 comments:

Anders said...

Yay! :D

After reading this, and talking about it on MSN, etc etc, I've half-decided to start as well.I have a psiwheel, but mine uses a book of stamps as a base instead. :3

Also, it isn't moving, of course. But whatev.

Paul said...

Well all know it doesn't move the first time. =P I watched the videos on psipog, that helped.

x

Paul said...

I mean *well, we*, obv.

x